Pacifica was one of the first brands I switched to when I was looking for a safer alternative to my Bath & Body works lotions and perfumes. Back then, I really didn’t know a lot about the dangers of synthetic fragrances, I just knew that the lotions I was using contained parabens and other skin irritating ingredients and I didn’t want to use them any longer. I also was dealing with IC at this time and certain synthetic scents would trigger issues for me, so that gave me greater incentive to look for something cleaner.
Suffice it say, Pacifica has been a favorite of mine ever since.
Here are just a few of the reasons why I love this brand so much:
- they’re cruelty-free, gluten-free, GMO-free (wherever possible) and vegan
- for their skincare products, they do not use animal ingredients, phthalates, parabens, sulfates, propylene glycol, benzene, mineral oil, petroleum, peanut oil, triclosan, and other ingredients you do not want on your skin
- their makeup products are formulated without animal ingredients, FD&C synthetic lakes and dyes, phthalates, parabens, sulfates, propylene glycol, benzene, mineral oil, petroleum, peanut oil, or triclosan
- their perfumes use a base of natural grain alcohol and their scents are developed using natural essential oils
- their 7-free nail polish, though not completely non-toxic (hello, it is paint after all!), is formulated without parabens, phthalates (dibutyl phthalate), toluene, xylene, camphor, formaldehyde, resin, and animal ingredients.
- All of their boxes are 100% recyclable
- they support local charities and donate products to local women’s shelters
- they’re affordable (the most expensive price point is $50 for a gift set)
- they’re easily accessible – you can find them at Target or Ulta
Though I haven’t tried a ton from them, I do have some serious favorites…
- Tahitian Gardenia Lotion & Perfume – This is the first scent that I tried by them. Inspired by the sacred Gardenia Bloom ( a symbol of love, unity, grace & strength), the fragrant notes of sweet Jasmine and citrusy Sweet Orange made me fall in love instantly! Lotion – $15; Roll on Perfume – $12; Spray – $22
- Dream Big Mascara – When I find a mascara that I like, I tend to be pretty loyal. For years that loyalty was to Organic Wear, switching later to Pacifica’s “Stellar Gaze” and now recently, it has gone to another Pacifica creation – their “Dream Big” mascara. This is probably the most unique mascara that I have yet tried, containing natural plant fibers that allow you to build length and a lash conditioning peptide that helps your lashes to grow. But the most interesting aspect to this product is the wand itself – you can change the length of it by twisting the cap – twist it once to lengthen wand to coat lashes, twist it again to shorten to really amplify! I also love that this does not clump, flake or irritate my eyes, but instead creates the perfect amount of drama I wish to achieve! I would definitely recommend this and I honestly don’t see myself searching for a replacement brand anytime soon! $16
- Power of Love Eyeshadow Palette – I’ve had this palette since last Summer and it has been one of my favorite shadow selections ever since. It contains 10 velvety rich mineral eyeshadows that are infused with coconut water, resulting in a soft, creamy finish. They are pretty pigmented and last quite a while, though not crease-proof, especially if you have oily lids like I do. The lovely colorful box it is housed in is recyclable. $20
- Jet Set Trio Kale Collection – Infused with hydrating and nourishing ingredients like Moringa Seed Extract, Passionfruit, Acai, Coconut and Olive Fruit oils as well as antioxidant and vitamin rich Kale Extract, this trio cleans and conditions without stripping hair of its natural oils, weighing hair down or leaving it feeling filmy or greasy. I love the warm, earthy scent of the shampoo & conditioner and how soft my hair felt afterward. My favorite of the bunch though is the “Hairvana Detangling Leave On Conditioner” – it smells like a tropical paradise (thanks to the coconut oil) and leaves my hair shiny, silky and frizz-free all day! $19 (available only at Ulta and Ulta.com)
- Mystical Supernatural Eyeshadow Palette – A Target clearance score, this palette consists of 4 gorgeous shimmery shadows that are perfect for creating looks for day or night. Formulated with coconut oil, these shadows are velvety in texture, highly pigmented and blendable, though again if you have oily lids you will need a primer to help with creasing. My favorite shades are “Moonbeam” – a silvery violet, and “Celestial” – a goldish beige color that can be used as a highlighter as well as shadow. $14
- Smolder Eyeliner Gel – I only use this liner when I am going out and want to add drama to my upper lashes because it contains Phenoxyethanol and I try not and expose myself to this ingredient if I can help it. With that said, this gel liner is seriously amazing! I am completely inept at creating that “cat eye” look but this glides on so effortlessly and dramatic that it makes it really easy for me to line my eyes and not make a mess of things! I use the color “Midnight”, which is a dark navy blue that works really well with my dark brown eyes. For extra staying power, I go over my liner with the deep blue shadow in the “Power of Love” palette. Like the “Mystical Supernatural Eyeshadow Palette”, I bought this at Target last Summer on clearance and was so glad I did! $14
- Natural Eye Pencils in Fringe and Jet – I love these creamy, long lasting pencils for lining around my eyes to create a smoky, sultry look. And with ingredients like Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, & Vitamin E, they glide on without tugging the delicate skin around my eyes. I love to use Fringe during the day and Jet at night for more “oomph”! $11
- 7-Free Nail Trio (Stardust Memories, Superfox & Midnight Rambler) – This gorgeous set was part of their Spring Collection and consisted of a shimmery silver-gray, a deep matte purplish-blue and a bright and gorgeous aqua-blue. So far, I have only tried the silvery one and not only was it beautiful, it lasted longer than I had expected (I’m pretty brutal on my nails with cleaning and daily household activities). This does contain Benzophenone-1, so if you are avoiding that ingredient, this may not be for you. This was sent to me by Pacifica, and since I only wear nail polish for special occasions, and the nail isn’t as absorbent as skin is, I wasn’t going to stress myself out over it. $20 (this was only available at Ulta)
- Daydreamer Roll-On Trio – This contains 2 of my favorite Pacifica scents – floral and citrusy “Tahitian Gardenia” and sweet and fruity “Tuscan Blood Orange” as well as warm and sensual “Indian Coconut Nectar”. Toss one in your purse, gym bag or desk drawer for quick, non-messy application! $19
With cleaner ingredients, affordable prices and easy accessibility, Pacifica continues to be one of my absolute favorite green beauty brands out there. I can’t wait to see what they come out with next, and I plan on checking out their skincare range as well as more of their make up in the near futre so stayed tuned!
Have you tried Pacifica Beauty yet? If so, what are your favorite products? Let me know!
Peace & love,
*All products and shown and listed (with the exception of the gel liner, Gardenia Body lotion, Gardenia spray perfume & Mystical Supernatural Eyeshadow Palette) were sent to me by Pacifica Beauty. I was not obligated to write a review and being sent product did not influence my opinions in any way. I am not affiliated with Pacifica, I am just a huge fan!