I’ve been using natural deodorants for a few years now, and I am always on the look-out for new ones to try. And while I have found several that I like and that work for me, many of those contain baking soda, an ingredient that many people find to be irritating (especially after shaving). That’s why I was excited to give Tom’s of Maine a try. I’ve been aware of this brand for years & have tried (and loved) their toothpaste, but had never tried their deodorants until now!
I was sent 5 of their long lasting deodorants to try (Wild Lavender, Refreshing Lemongrass, Tea Tree, Unscented, & Fresh Apricot ), and I was surprised that my favorite of the bunch was the Tea Tree scent (with Apricot & Lavender tied for second place) as it didn’t smell medicinal like the essential oil, rather it had a very fresh, clean scent that I fell in love with! I did try each one for about a week and I have to say that as far as odor control goes, these definitely exceeded my expectations, keeping me stink free even during my most intense workout sessions! Keep me in mind that this is a deodorant and not an antiperspirant, so while you will get plenty of odor control, you will still sweat. But don’t fret – sweating is a good thing as it is one your body’s ways of purging out toxins! This was one of the main reasons that I switched to natural deodorants in the first place – to allow my body to function as it’s meant to, while also preventing me from smelling bad as I sweat. And of course, ingredients were another big factor for me making the change – I prefer to use the cleanest & most natural ingredients I can for every part of myself & I appreciate that Tom’s of Maine feels this is as important as I do!
Another thing I loved is that unlike some of the other natural deodorants I have tried, these do not leave oil stains on my clothes – I’m not sure if I’m the only that has this issue, but the struggle is real & it’s annoying!
- Tom’s of Maine natural deodorant contains NO aluminum, artificial fragrances or preservatives, and no petrochemicals
- Clinically proven, 24-hour odor protection using odor-fighting hops and the mineral zinc and only natural fragrances
- Fully recyclable packaging through local municipalities or the TerraCycle Tom’s of Maine Natural Care Brigade
- No animal testing and no animal ingredients
- With every purchase, Tom’s of Maine gives 10% of profits back to helping people and the planet
Read more on what their standards for natural are here.
A note about switching to natural deodorants:
- When trying a natural personal care product for the first time it’s important to give your body time to adjust. If your body is used to a conventional product, you might need a little time to adjust to a natural formula free of chemicals and artificial ingredients.
- Trying the deodorant for at least 7 days, including testing out different scents (or unscented), can help determine the best fit for your body’s unique chemistry.
I’m not the only one who feels that ingredients matter. Check out Elise’s story below:
Now for the giveaway:
If you’d like to win an assortment of 3 of Tom’s of Maine’s deodorants, simply follow the instructions below (entries that do not follow the instructions completely will be disqualified)! One lucky winner will be randomly selected on Nov. 11th. Contest is open to U.S. residents only. Good luck to all who enter! 💚
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Have you guys made the switch to natural deodorants? Have you tried Tom’s of Maine? Which is your fave formula? #WhyISwitched #DeoSwitch
Follow Tom’s of Maine:
Peace & Love,
FTC disclosure: This post was developed in partnership with Tom’s of Maine. All opinions are my own.